d/b/a KQRC 98.9 The Rock
Freaker’s Ball 2013 Costume Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Kansas City, LLC d/b/a KQRC 98.9 The Rock (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.989therock.com . To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter/How to Win
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Anyone who wishes to be a contestant in the contest and is not a ticket holder for the event simply needs to go to the KQRC Costume Contest check-in table before 8:30 p.m. and ask for the Station contest judge. If the initial Station contest judge determines that such contestant is not a potential candidate for the top ten selection such contestant will not be allowed to enter. If the initial Station contest judge determines that such contestant is a potential candidate for the top ten selections, such contestant will then be escorted into the event by the Station representative. If such contestant is a potential candidate for the top ten selections, such candidate will not be escorted out of the event until such time as such contestant is eliminated from further participation in or wins the Costume Contest. Being invited in to participate further in the contest as a “potential top ten selection” does not mean that such entrant will actually be selected as a top ten selection qualifier.
- On October 19th, 2013, Station will conduct a Costume Contest (the “Contest”) at Freaker’s Ball located at the Arvest Bank Theater at the Midland in Kansas City, MO (the “Venue”). Doors will open at 6 p.m. (CT). Initial Station contest judges will begin considering potential top ten qualifiers beginning at 6 p.m. thru 8:30 p.m. At approximately 9 p.m. contestants selected as the Top 10 Finalists will be instructed as to where and what time to meet in order to participate in the Contest. Specific instructions on where and what time to meet will also be available at the Costume Contest check-in table. CONTESTANTS SELECTED AS FINALISTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT TO COMPETE FURTHER IN THIS CONTEST FOR THE DURATION OF THE ON-STAGE CONTESTING AND FINAL WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT. If any Top Ten Finalist does not present themselves within five (5) minutes of the designated time for the final judging, regardless of the reason, Station reserves the right to disqualify that selected contestant. FINALISTS MUST BE IN AND REMAIN IN THEIR COSTUME DURING THE ON-STAGE CONTESTING. The selection of the top ten finalists shall be in the sole discretion of the Station initial judges, on any lawful criteria they deem desirable, and is not subject to dispute or appeal. Station reserves the right to select more than or less than 10 finalists, in its sole discretion.
- All finalists will be escorted to the stage and will be brought up on stage, and three (3) semi-finalists will be chosen based on voting by crowd noise. As each finalist is introduced, the crowd will be asked to vote by making noise for their favorite finalist.
- The Top Three (3) Finalists (each, a “Finalist” and, collectively, the “Finalists”) will be determined by the loudest positive crowd reactions. The crowd will again be asked to vote by creating noise for their choice of the best costume among the Top Three Finalists. The person who obtains the loudest crowd positive reaction will receive First Prize, listed in Section 7(a), below. Station reserves the right to select less than three (3) Finalists, in its sole discretion. The interpretation of which Finalist or Semi-Finalist receives more or the most positive crowd reaction shall be in the sole discretion of the Station and any such decision is not subject to dispute or appeal.
- Contestants may not violate any federal, state or local laws and must not harm or endanger yourself or other persons or property. Any contestant who Station determines may have created a public hazard, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified. Any Contestant whose costume is considered degrading to cultural groups, religious groups, women, or from any dress that portrays other guests in a stereotyped way may be disqualified from the contest with or without notice to such entrant. All costumes must not impair another guest’s view or enjoyment of the event and clothing must fit within the boundary of an individuals ticketed seat location. No storage of costumes will be permitted. All costumes and props must comply with venue security regulations and bag/person check procedures. Faces must be visible and match legal identification for entry to alcohol sales areas and for purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The Station and Venue reserves the right to refuse admission to or require leaving the venue by any person whose costume does not comply with these guidelines or poses a danger to other patrons.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may take photograph and post such photographs on its website for no additional compensation. Further, by entering this Contest, entrants understand that Judges or other staff may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any costume or entrant. Participants in this Contest will be required to sign a liability waiver giving up any right to make any claim against Station or any Contest Sponsors with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such participant and/or his/her costume.
Up to three (3) prizes will be awarded in this Contest. The verified winner(s) in this contest will receive:
- First prize will win $500.00
- Second prize will win $300.00
Third prize will win $200.00
- Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to pick up prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Prizes will be paid in the form of a company check, payable only to the winner and no other person. Checks will be ready for pick-up within 30 business days after winning.
- The sponsor of this contest is Entercom Kansas City, LLC d/b/a KQRC 98.9 The Rock. Any additional Sponsor(s) that may become a part of this Contest will be announced on-air.