According to Wired Magazine, the follow is the Top Ten Road Trip songs of all time!
01. "Radar Love" by GOLDEN EARRING
02. "Rambling Man" by THE ALLMAN BROTHERS
03. "Runnin' Down A Dream" by TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS
04. "La Grange" by ZZ TOP
05. "I"ve Been Everywhere" by JOHNNY CASH
06. "Roadhouse Blues" by THE DOORS
07. "The Distance" by CAKE
08. "Highway Star" by DEEP PURPLE
09. "Ramble On" by LED ZEPPELIN
10. "Fat Bottomed Girls" by QUEEN
Uh...no. Those might be good songs if the goal of your trip is to fall asleep and run head-on into a semi coming the other way on the Interstate. Or if you're so wasted that you never quite get the micro-bus out of the driveway and just sit there in a smoke-filled world of your own turning the wheel from time to time and making "vroom vroom" noises.
For starters, something like "Rocket Queen" needs to be on there, with possibly "Run to the Hills" and Metallica's cover of "Turn the Page." IMO road trip tracks need to rock, not rock you to sleep.