I suppose congrats are in order to Chad Kroger of Nickelback who's engaged to Avril Lavigne pop-punk tart-queen. This will be his first marriage, her second.
The Curiosity Rover, which landed on Mars on August 6th, finally pumped some metal through it's system to wake up the rover and it was Anthrax's "Got the Time". High Five Anthrax, high five!
And just as Tom Morello stated that Republican nominee Paul Ryan shouldn't be a fan of his band, Rage Against the Machine, Twisted Sister's Dee Snider has publically stated he denounces Ryan for using his song "We're Not Gonna Take it". Now that's funny. Couple decades ago it was Snider having to go up against the PMRC, now someone who more than likely wouldn't been one of their soliders is using his tune!
Some how I totally brainfarted yesterday's Rock News, so you're gonna get a double-dose today!
*Guns N' Roses have announced they'll be taking up residencey, a la Motley Crue, at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas. Their Sin City run, christened Appetite for Democracy, will be twelve shows from October 31st to November 24. Click Here for Tickets/Rooms/ETC
*During an acoustic performance in NYC Monday night, Trivium frontman Matt Heafy announced he's launching an "extreme metal" project and promising that if you like Trivium, you'll like this.
*Anthrax bassist Frank Bellow will debut his feature film, the biopic "Greetings From Tim Buckley" at the Toronto Internation Film Festival in September.
*Hatebreed stays winning. First it was CNN issuing an apology for lumping them in "white power" bands whose names "defiantly express feelings of hate or violence". Now it's the Anti-Defamation League, the wrote a letter of apology to the Connecticut hardcore/metal masters for writing the opinion piece CNN picked up on.
*Megadeth's Dave Mustaine claims President Obama staged the recent shooting massacres in Colorado & Milwaukee in order to pursue more gun control. Thoughts on this one?
*Pearl Jam (as well as Mad Season & Temple of the Dog) guitarist Mike McCready says next PJ album is in a "holding pattern" right now as frontman Eddie Vedder gears up for a solo tour and drummer Matt Cameron returns to Soundgarden. He's also been working with former GnR bassist and high school classmate Duff McKagan and Screaming Trees drummer Barrett Martin in a new band (possible Mad Season reboot?).
*Green Day's rolled out another single from their forthcoming album "Uno" due out in September. This one "Kill the DJ". Video is below, enjoy! *NSFW
Hello Monday you wicked bitch, you! What'cho got in store for us on the news front?
* Guns N' Roses to take up Las Vegas residency from October 31st to November 24th at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. A total of twelve shows will be perfomed during the "Appetite for Democrazy" residency.
* Insane Clow Posse's Shaggy 2 Dope & Violent J have "retained legal counsel to investigate and pursue legal action" in response to the FBI putting out a report saying that juggalos (ICP fans) are a gang, and a threat and being watched closely. Seems ICP have set up a website seeking feedback from fans who've been harrassed by the Feds.
* It's been only a few short months since the passing of Beastie Boy's MCA but Mike D and Ad-Rock are suing Monster Energy Drink on his behalf, in order to uphold his wishes in his will that his image and "artistic property" were not to be used for any advertising purposes ever. Seems the beverage maker used a Beastie tune without knowledge or permission.
* Thrash gods Testament dropped a new album recently "Dark Roots of Earth" and it hit number 12 on the charts in the states with a top of number 4 in Germany and Finland. High Five Testament!
* And a couple of new tracks were rolled out today by Stone Sour as well as a track from All That Remains. Respective vides, below:
Hello Humpday! What'cha brining us today in the world of Rock News???
It seems CNN don't know dick when it comes to metal having to issue an apology to Jamey Jasta and the rest of the fellas in Hatebreed for erroneously listing them as one of the "white power" bands who "defiantly express feelings of hate or violence"! Was to do your research CNN... dipshits!
Godsmack drummer, Shannon Larkin, said today that vocalist Sully Erna's voice is back to normal and the band will be ready to go when they're a part of the Uproar Festival that kicks off here in KC next Friday at Cricket Wireless Amplitheater!
In This Moment has a new album dropping next week HOWEVER if you have XBox Live you can stream the new work, in its entirety, by using Music Marketplace with Zune Music Pass.
Everyone from Carlos Santana , Joe Bonamassa, The Flaming Lips, Iron Maiden and Metallica are contributing to “Re-Machined: A Tribute to Machine Head” due out on September 4th.
Busy day for new music videos. First from Mr. Tom Waits, "Hell Broke Luce" from his latest album "Bad As Me". All last week Waits teased that something was coming and this video certainly hits home. In my eyes, this man can do no wrong!
Those lovable lads from Psychostick put out "Political Bum". If you don't know, and you should, these are the guys that kick off my Drive at Five every Friday with the "Beer Song".
And as I've told you all, Green Day's dropping three new albums over the next six months or so. "Uno" in September, "Dos" in December and "Tre" in January. Here's some footage of a new tune "Nuclear Family" shot at an intimate show at the Echoplex in LA.
*Here’s a “No Sh!t” story for ya; Slash says that a classic Guns N’ Roses reunion “based on money is not going to happen”. Can we please stop reporting on it now!?!
*Dave Draiman, Distrubed frontman, is penning an autobiography that will drop around the same time as the debut of his new side project Device.
*Jason Hook, guitarist for Five Finger Death Punch, says the band is hoping to maybe get into the studio in January for their follow up to “American Capitalist”.